sábado, 27 de novembro de 2010

A Little Bit Longer

"In coming up of a new year, I did some thinking about how I would approach this year. And I had a couple of thoughts I want to share with you tonight. First is this: New Year, New Beginnings. And the second: 2010 the year of NO Fear.
You know, so often we think we have each step figured out, and when one thing doesn’t go our way, we begin to question, we begin to fear of what our next step would be. I had one of those moments about 4 and a half years ago when I got diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. And although, I feel like I've shared my story enough, there's a moment in particular I wanna share with you tonight. A moment that I don’t talk about very often.Usually, you hear me say positive things: that I've moved on, I pressed on, I didn’t let it slow me down. But I never talk about the moment when I fear what the future was.When I asked the question: "Am I gonna die? my doctor looked back at me and said: "Nope. You're gonna be alright".And then from that point on, I made the commitment that I wouldn’t let it slow me down. And so when that moment comes for you, in your own circumstance, in your own life, promise me one thing: Don’t you ever, EVER let it slow you down. Because I believe in you, and I wanna thank all of you for believing in me even when I had trouble believing in myself. So for that I say: thank you. Now, would you sing this out with me tonight?"

(Nicholas Jerry Jonas)

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário